Main Page | Shopping Cart | Purchase Information
Please note that due to the coronavirus, shipments will be delayed significantly, as I am minimizing trips to the post office.
WP 31S Scientific Calculator
Back ordered until Sep 1.
Note: I am a bit behind on making these, so please expect a delay of 4-6 weeks before shipment. Thanks for your patience.
The WP 31S is the "light" version of the 34S, which is most powerful scientific (non-graphing) calculator on the market. It is not an HP product, but it is rather a community-created product based on an existing HP calculator platform. The software of the 34S was written largely by Walter Bonin and Paul Dale, initially just as a PC program. Later, Marcus von Cube joined the team and made it run on the HP 20b/30b platform.
- HP 30b calculator, for the best keyboard
- Latest keyboard overlay pre-installed
- Latest 1.2 build of the firmware pre-flashed
- A $5 donation is given to the WP 31S team with the purchase of this product
This means I carefully attach the overlay sticker. Finally, I flash the latest version 1.2 ROM (from SVN).
Note: For international deliveries, I can ship it by First Class Mail, reducing the shipping fee to around US$25 (instead of $40+). However, there is no tracking available with this shipping method. Please email me for details.
- 149 mm by 77 mm by 16 mm (5.87" by 3.03" by 0.63")
- 113 g (4.0 oz) with batteries
- Metallic-infused transparent faceplate with black vinyl keyboard overlay, textured gray slides and glossy black back
- Hard plastic keys with traditional HP "click" feedback
- Rigid synthetic case
- Based on HP part number NW238AA (Data Sheet)
- 2 line alphanumeric display (top line with 8 dot matrix characters and 11 indicators, bottom line with 12+3 digits) with adjustable contrast
- Atmel AT91SAM7L128 ARM7 processor (30 MHz)
- 6 KB RAM, 2 KB battery-backed
- 128 KB Flash ROM
- Two CR2032 batteries, providing 9 months of typical use
- 12 digits displayed with 3-digit exponent
- Traditional RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) with four-level or eight-level stack
- Serial port header behind battery door and JTAG connector (connects to AT91SAM-ICE) inside the calculator for developers
- Externally programmable by developers via JTAG interface
Part of the HP Calculator Archive,
Copyright 1997-2020 Eric Rechlin.